Monday, May 07, 2007

JSL

I have a good news story...actually a few...but this is just one of them...I will post others later.
JSL Speedpak may be the last mail-forwarding (aka skybox) service in Trinidad that actually has a free (as in "no annual fee") option and their service is not at all bad...at least, so far. They do have a strange "add-on" fee of $30 per invoice to clear in through customs, which means if you buy a lot of stuff, it is best to buy them in batches and not individually so that they can all be cleared by customs at the same time for the same $30 fee or you can choose to clear them yourself, and you won't have to pay the fee.
I have found that the total amount I have been paying for my packages is not any higher than I was paying the previous companies and in fact I think in some cases, I am paying less, so I am very happy with this "skybox" service and definitely think it is worth a try for anyone who is not satisfied with their current service. I have tried both Ecourier (formerly the TTPost skybox) and UPXpress before. I believe JSL offers the same value with better customer service than these two. UPXpress still owes me money and shows no sign of wanting to pay for the last time they over-charged me for a package. And I am sure they have over-charged me in the past as well, but I did not check on it and so I probably lost the opportunity to ever recoup those monies. I can safely say I will not be using their service any more, especially after the "attitude" I got from the delivery guy when I told him I could not renew on the day that he informed me the renewal was due and that the rate would after that day.

Still with JSL here, (some years down the road) just a few things you should be aware of. The free service comes with the condition that you must call or email them to request delivery. Since they rarely answer their phones, I recommend email. Also, if you want to use a credit card to pay, you will have to go to their office since they do not have a portable device for credit card transactions.

4 comments:

'rah said...

Do they charge freight by dimensions or strictly by weight like UPXpress?

Trini said...

Actually I think it depends on the dimensions - i.e. larger packages make a difference, but I am not sure.

Melle said...

Well thats good to know about the experience you are getting from jsl it starts off that way nice and sweet no complains. As for me i have been with Jsl since 2008 and i am a large scale online shopper for people and at the beginning of this year the services i have been getting from Jsl have gone from bad in 2009 to STINKS in 2010. Put it like this i am not a fussy person never had to call them at all because i was always updated via email well eventually that stopped. I still never called and bothered anyone. At that point you had to become a psychic to know when to stay home to receive my goods because i will get a call "Yea Jsl here am on your junction can i get directions pls". So at this point i started to make calls for my orders the first two separate orders my calls were answered after that no answer sometimes i will call 3,4 times a day no answer i realised i was being ignored. About two months ago i placed an order it took Jsl one and a half months to deliver my stuff after signing a contract for 2weeks for delivery to your door which was true in 2008. Within that month and a half i called T&T got no answer called Miami only to find out my order was in T&T wks now called T&T with my number thats on there system got no answer call back in 5mins with a different number two rings "Jsl good day how may i help you" i got an answer. So i noticed they were screening my calls. Today i am still waiting on another order 1mth and 5 days ago since Jsl Miami received my stuff the same process i am going through i calling with my number no answer i called with my work phone i got and answer and the nerve of the CSR "your order could be delivered tomorrow if you want". All i can say there rates are really good but as time goes by the service gets horrible. If they are working for you stick with them but this will be my last order coming through that company i am simply loosing customers through them. I hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Unknown said...

I have to say that JSL recently did some upgrade to the company in terms of their computer system. I suppose this would have been with the intention of having a more efficient system. It use to be difficult to get thru to their office now since the upgrade it is virtually impossible to speak with someone at that office. I have been trying for the last month to make contact with someone but to no avail. I had to call their Miami office to speak with someone. Now with the new system, emails run in a queue. On Friday I sent an email to them requesting that they deliver my package to me on Tuesday but the email was acknowledged on Wedesday. Customer Service has gotten from bad to worse at JSL. It is something that they need to examine and address urgently. I have actually started looking around for a new shipper simply because of the lack of Customer Service.